And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, January 09, 2013

A New Life

I turned 35 last weekend. Happy Birthday to me.

In a lot of ways, I feel like I'm just now starting my life. It's all brand new. The last year has been full of learning and growing and becoming something better, and it feels like a birthday is the perfect symbol of that.

It's exciting.

My birthday was about as low-key as you can get. I worked the night before and the night of, so I came home from work and crawled in to bed. There I stayed for the entire day, napping to my heart's content. Honestly, I think it was the perfect birthday. :-)

Having a birthday so close to the new year makes for some serious self evaluation and contemplation all at once. The good part of that is I get it all done at the beginning of the year, and don't have to worry about it for 12 months. What? That isn't the way I'm supposed to do it? Oh, well. *giggle*

This year I'm really happy with things. There is always room for improvement, and I have a list a mile long of things I want to accomplish over time. I'm being nice to myself and not putting time limits on any of it. I want to do one thing every day to either accomplish a task or work in the direction of getting it done. That's it. As long as I can say I did something to move myself in the right direction every day, I'm happy.

And boy, that feels good.

~....and that's all I have to say about that....~


9 comments:

webb said...

Happy Birthday! I used to tell very young women that the 30's were the very best part of life, but now i think it's actually the 40's, so you have lots of great years to come.

Deb said...

Happy birthday! I agree with Webb: the forties are where it's at! Glad you've been having a good year.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.

Software problems? Check this out:
Medisoft software
Preferred software by most medical professionals

Anonymous said...

Happy bday! Love ur talented writings:)

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

And a very (belated) happy birthday from your fan across the pond!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope this is the begining of your greatest, most wonderful year ever!

Visit: billing services medical

Max L said...

Happy Half Birthday!!! I know the feeling of geting older. The need to get things done. If you want to learn something new about gardening or nature Visit ExcitingNature.com

hassan said...

Customer Helpline Australia most effective supposed to get the car going so to speak, the sustainable fuel, as found inside the case of Carespark, has to come back from value that can be monetized. KLAS research reports that fifty four% of public HIE's had been worried about future sustainability while best 35% of personal HIE's shared this problem. Hospital Implications of HIP TN (A name to action) From a financial angle, taking our health center into the future with EMR and an included statewide community has profound implications. In the quick term the cost to discover a vendor,
https://customerhelplineaustralia.com/

Health said...

Keto Meal Plan nearby hospital touch facts. Take your pick from the richest collections of fun colorations or color combos, inclusive of swirl, segmented, neon, glow-in-the-darkish, or glitter to attract even extra supporters! Billie Jean Bateson - legal copywriter of brilliant Wristbands - nice area to purchase custom wristbands and silicone bracelets. Rapid manufacturing, incredible charges and an expansion of patterns and designs are terrific Wristb.

http://ketomealplan.reviews/