And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Packing Is Misery

Ugh.

I am trying to pack for our trip. This means I have to wash all the laundry that has backed up over the last week or so. Which means that I am sorting through piles and piles of clothes, not knowing what clothes would be best to bring.

The biggest issue right now is Big Sprout's apparent inability to put clothing away. I keep finding bits and pieces of her clothing in the oddest places, and most of it needs washing. This results in me pulling my hair out by the handful as I try to find all the summer clothes that fit her and pack the nicest stuff. That child will wear clothes that are two sizes too small, and stained so badly you can't tell what the original color was, but I want her to look halfway decent while we are in a different state.

Or I could just let her look like a poorhouse reject. I suppose.

Nah.

I am also fretting over the yard and house. I want everything be-yooooo-tiful before I leave, so that a) Loop and Mr. P don't have to wade through our crud to take care of Mighty Cat and the gardens; and b) I don't want to come home to a mess after being on the road for 3 days. I know that will make me super-cranky.

At least Mr. Barefoot and Big Sprout did the majority of the cleaning while I was resting yesterday. Now all I have to do is the sweeping/mopping/dusting/bathrooms. And change all the sheets on all the beds. And wash off all the counters. And clean up the mess that Little Sprout is already making. And water the plants. And make a list for Loop and Mr. P about where the things they need are.

Oh, help.

No comments: