And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, May 31, 2010

The Last Day

Today, I left work with the knowledge that I would not be darkening the door to that den of craziness for a full three weeks.

It was liberating.

We leave for CA on Wed, and I am so excited I could just explode. I am scared, too. I haven't been far from home in so long.... *sigh*

Don't worry, I am not going to let my fears wreck my vacation! I am more excited than scared, and I know that once I get going things are going to be great.

Today is a picnic over at my folks' place, then comes the rush of last minute house cleaning and packing that needs to be done before we leave. I am so ready.

In garden news, I have managed to almost fill the south garden beds with my plants from the folks' place. Yesterday I moved several ferns, irises, and one poor little bleeding heart that had been nearly choked to death by the overrun plants in my folks' front beds. It is looking pretty good! I am hoping to post some new pics before we leave for vacation, so keep your eyes peeled for that...

Mr. Barefoot likes plants spaced out a bit. "Neat and Tidy" is his word for what he likes. I don't mind, it makes it easier to weed. It does mean that the flower beds get filled up more quickly, though. I am going to need to expand the flower beds by the end of summer, if I am ever to transplant all my plants.

It makes me hopeful that I will be able to get most of my beds looking good by the end of summer. I am still hoping to save $$ for an azalea and a few other plants that would provide a bit of variety in the yard, but by the time I get all my plants moved, things should look pretty lush and restful.

Yay! I am so looking forward to it...

2 comments:

Finding Pam said...

I wish you a safe journey to Ca. and hope that you refresh your spirit. Wow! Three weeks! I can't imagine.

I look forward to the pictures of your trip.

barefoot gardener said...

Thank you!