And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Yard Projects

Today I started putting weed barrier fabric around the veggie boxes so that I can move my free wood chips back there. I was stopped by the large pile of grass, weeds and leaves that we piled in that area of the yard before I built my compost bins. I didn't have the right tool to move this waist high mess, so I moved on to weeding the flower beds along the south side of the house.

My wrists have been hurting (I say carpal tunnel, Bro says tendinitis) the last few weeks, and the repetitive motions of weeding resulted in me knuckle walking like a chimp. I must have looked the fool, crawling around on my knees and knuckles, pulling up the assortment of weeds and mini oak trees that wanted to share space with my millions of hostas.

At least I didn't stick anything I pulled out of the ground into my mouth...

I spent most of the day doing that, but the beds look so much better! Now I just have to get the beds on the north and west sides of the house done...

But that is a job for another day.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel your pain, girl! I, too, have been crawling around the yard with weed barrier. I am trying to put it down around and among the shrubs before mulching. It takes me forever, snipping and fitting around the plants. When I stand up... I haven't made it very far down the row! *Sigh*

There are just some things a 50 year old woman shouldn't be doing!

barefoot gardener said...

Stop that, now! You are accomplishing more at 50 than I am at 32, so no fussing.

At least I don't have to try to trim the weed barrier around shrubs. I have nice straight edges to follow.

Does that sound like I am gloating? Cuz I am, just a little.

*giggle*