And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, April 19, 2010

Looking For The Good

Well, I started the day by getting smacked across the face by a client. Then I ended up buying pea seed that we didn't need (well, Dad bought it, but I was the one who was wrong). Little Sprout decided she was hungry 5 minutes after having lunch with Grandma and Grandpa (she did eat), and spent the next hour screaming for more food. There are all sorts of strange folks at the lot next door, messing with the trees that were cut down and left all over the lot. My nap ran over, causing everything else in my day to get behind schedule. Looking at the camp registration for Big Sprout, I just don't know if we can afford it. To top it all off, my pork steak was just a little too fatty for my taste and the pasta sauce never thickened up.

But I am looking for the good today.

I will remember that it was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. The peas got planted, and Little Sprout helped. We finally started Big Sprout's science project (how do different liquids affect metal washers). I found 4 or 5 outfits for Little Sprout (summer stuff) for $11 at the thrift store....and she likes them. Big Sprout was very helpful with taking care of Little Sprout. Mr. Barefoot grilled supper so I didn't have to cook. Little Sprout is eating supper very well, out-eating even me. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight. My hostas are up in the yard. I am hoping to get the irises, daylilies, tulips, and daffodils planted this week, as well as getting the wood chips from the butcher job next door in my veggie garden.

Things are good.

I think.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I so could have written this! Glad to know I'm not the only one who really has to look for the good stuff sometimes. Hope your next day was an even better one!