And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Take These Broken Wings

I think I mentioned that my wrist has been hurting quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I got out my wrist brace, and Little Sprout gasped in dismay the first time she saw me wearing it.

"Mommy!" she said "Your wing is bwoken!" *sniff, sniff*

I had to laugh. She decided that her 'wing' was broken, too, and so I found her one of my crocheting gloves to wear. It is designed to give a little support for those of us who find our favorite pass times painful. Her poor little hand was just lost in that big glove, but it made her happy to be just like her Barefoot Mommy.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No, this is not weeds in my veggie bed. It is onions! I luuuuuuuv me some onions, and I can't believe that these survived a MN winter. SO cool!


The rhubarb is doing great. I don't think it will like me when I finally get around to dividing it and moving it to a better location. I was hoping to get it done earlier this year, but I just might have to wait until next spring, now....


My hostas are coming up just fine. I so love to see the little spikes of leaves coming up in the spring!


And here is a little volunteer viola. I don't even remember planting any in the yard last year, so I have no idea how it ended up in my flower bed. Notice just to the left of my fingers is another little spike of hosta coming up. This is probably the most inhospitable flower bed in my entire yard, right up underneath a fairly large pine.

Golly, I am loving spring!!!!

No comments: