And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude? Please.

I got home from work yesterday with the calm assurance that I would be able to sleep an entire night away in my own bed. I held that assurance close throughout all the Sprout craziness and general daily tasks I have to complete every day. I would start to get cranky or overwhelmed, and that sweet little thought would pop up in my mind. It was such a giddy feeling to know that I would be enjoying a full 8 hours in that wonderfully wacky world known as Dreamland.

The headache started around 7pm. I ignored it, for the most part, cuz that's what I do with pain. I just pretend it's not there in the hopes that by doing so, it will go away.

It didn't.

By the time I finally went to bed (a little after 10pm), the headache had reached monster proportions. I was feeling a little nauseous, and couldn't complete a thought. I drifted off to a fitful sleep praying fervently that all I needed was a full night's rest to ease the headache. A couple hours later, Mr. Barefoot came to bed and I was woken from the terrible pain-induced dreams.

Around 2 am, I finally gave up on laying in bed. I got up, found the Tylenol and ibuprofen, and took a hot (HOT) shower. I whined. I cried.

Finally, sometime after 3am, the pain eased off enough that I thought I could sleep.

Then the baby woke me at 7:10am.

I still have the headache. I am still exhausted.

But I am grateful for those few hours of sleep.



kinda.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What AM I going to do with you?? You should have taken cheesecake at the first sign of pain. Oh, you'll still hurt, but your mouth with thank you, and then if you are like me, you'll fall into a sugar coma!

barefoot gardener said...

But...but...but Dr. Lisa! I was all OUT of the cheesecake. *whine*

Lisa said...

One should NEVER be without cheesecake (or chocolate, though you don't prefer it!) To be so would be like being without air, or Dr Pepper, or free time!