And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, June 19, 2009

Getting a Little Flaky

The mood swings are in full force. I am exhausted, hot and sweaty. But I don't think I can afford to go buy an AC and run it all the time. I keep telling myself I will survive this muggy, hot weather......but I am not so sure about my family.

Kids are noisy. When I get flaky I don't like noise. So I have been putting cotton in my ears.

I have decided that I am retiring the day Little Sprout starts first grade. Mr. Barefoot argues, but what's he gonna do? Besides, he probably won't even notice....he's never home anyway. So I have 3-4 years to hold out, depending on how early they will let Little Sprout start school.

I weeded today. I hate dirt under my fingernails. But I love the smell of the dirt. and seeing things GROWING......

I have decided that my social anxiety isn't the reason that I don't like to talk to folks...I mean not the biggest reason.....the biggest reason is that a lot of folks are really boring, and I just don't care to hear them open their mouths and be stupid........

gotta go...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Uh, oh! Has someone been forgetting to take her cheesecake every morning as prescribed?? I think so. Maybe you need a pedicure instead. And a manicure for the dirt under the nails issue!

Love ya!

jenny said...

I agree with Lisa-- you must have missed your dose of cheesecake this morning.

Hope you get back into the swing of things soon! :o)

Finding Pam said...

Nothing makes me crazier than hot, humid weather. It is so hot here in east Texas is killing me.

I just hose myself down to stay cool while I am working outside.

I also installed a misting system that cools my deck to a bareable temp.

Hang in there. Kids grow up way too fast and then they are gone.

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

If dirt in the gap under your fingernail is a problem Barefoot, fill them full of hard soap before you garden. This stops most of the dirt and makes any that does get in there easy to remove when you wash them.

Finding Pam said...

I left you a little award at my blog. I hope it makes you feel better. Take care.Pam

Lisa said...

YOO-WHOO! Are you still picking dirt out from under or nails?? Where you be??