And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, December 29, 2008

Sometimes I Just Want To Kick Myself In The Head

After I wrote the last post about Big Sprout's paternal Grandparents, I got a call from them to work out a time when they could come see her. She was overjoyed. They will be coming on Tuesday, and then letting her spend the night with them in a hotel (with a pool).

We got things all settled and planned, and then I started thinking about how strange it was that they called so shortly after I had put it out here for the whole world to see that I was feeling a little like they were pulling back from her. I started wondering....did I ever tell them about this blog? Did I ever send them a link?

I wonder if I did and then forgot about it.

Oh, horrors.

Now I feel like a total heel. It is so easy to wrap myself in the anonymity of the 'net and forget that there ARE folks out there who read this and know me in the real world. And I wonder if I have written things that inadvertently have hurt them.

So, Grandma and Grandpa....if you read this and I have ever hurt your feelings or made you uncomfortable, I am truly sorry. I truly appreciate the way you have accepted and loved Big Sprout, and feel very blessed that she has been able to know and love you. Sometimes things just pop up here on my blog that haven't made the trip through my brain yet, and I need to remember to THINK a little bit more before I type things.

If you don't read this blog...well, then. I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I haven't made anyone uncomfortable.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Well, after re-reading your post about the grandparents, you didn't say anything bad, only stated that you felt like they might be pulling away. If that was a little boost to them to get in touch, then great!

I feel the same as you, I think long and hard before I let anyone know in my "real life" that I have a blog and invite them to read it. There are some things in there I don't want them to know about me, but for the most part, I DO practice what it says on top-- "What you see is what you get".

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and may you have an even better New Year! xo

Kati said...

*chuckle* (((((HUGS))))) I actually agree with Jenny's comment on this.