And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Call Me Spaz

Why ME?

Today I was cleaning the house. Nothing unusual, just the normal vacuuming and washing of windows. My back started to hurt, which is also normal. Being overweight combined with an old back injury pretty much guarantees that any time I do any kind of work for any length of time my back will start to hurt.

My Aunt and Uncle brought my cousin up for a visit (she and Big Sprout are going to the water park tomorrow), and I sat down to talk to them all. We only sat for 30 minutes or so, and when I got up to walk them to the door....well, I couldn't get up. My back has totally seized up on me. I managed to get myself up to bed, and the muscles stopped spasming for a little while, but then (of course) I felt the "call of nature". Figures. I couldn't even get out of bed. I woke Mr. Barefoot up to help me, but then couldn't stand to have him touch me.

Fun, fun.

I somehow managed to get out of bed and down the stairs to the bathroom, and from there managed one more flight of stairs to get to the computer. I have taken handfulls of both Tylenol and ibuprofen with absolutely no results so far.

This stinks.

I have had this happen before, and usually it involves a few days of excruciating pain that miraculously just goes away between one moment and the next. I am pretty sure is is a pinched nerve or something, since the pain shoots down my hips and legs. This time I am thinking about actually going to a doctor. I am just not in the mood to have my knees give out with every step for the next few days.

You hear that back/hip/leg?! I am not in the mood!!!!!!!!

Mr. Barefoot is of the opinion that I just have a really low pain tolerance. Seeing as there is no way to verify this, I am going to go with the theory that I am just in a lot of pain and my tolerance for it is fine. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Anyway, I just thought I would let you know that I am trapped here at the 'puter, so you might be hearing a lot from me over the next few hours. Of course, if I ever get up the courage to go back upstairs you might not hear from me for a few days because I will be too wimpy to brave coming back down! :0)

No comments: