And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, I Forgot the Best Part!

Yesterday, I talked about how bright Minnie is. I forgot the best part.....

The next day, I arrived at work to find basically the same situation. No windows open, no fans on, and all the windows closed up. The staff was dripping sweat. Only difference this time?

The staff of duty was MY BOSS, who informed me that despite the fact that once again it was over 90 degrees in the house, the A/C must be working because the maintenance man came and said it was fixed......

Yup. I work with really smart folks. That's SMART. S~M~R~T, smart.

3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I call 'em numbnuts!

Please-please- who's playing The Water is Wide on your playlist?
I LOVE_LOVE_LOVE that version.

barefoot gardener said...

Lynne-
I hate to say this, but I have no idea. It is a version I found on projectplaylist.com, but now that I have gone back to find it again it seems to have disappeared. I will keep my eyes open, though, and if I happen to find it again I will surely let you know.

Kati said...

*smirk* Yeah..... folks are such freaking morons sometimes. My first thought (as we never use our air-conditioner anyway) is always to open a window and turn on a fan. I just don't get how those idiots you work with couldn't have thought of that..... Oh wait. That's right, our country has been breeding idiocy for the last 50 years or so. Nevermind. I figured it out.

Have a Blessed Day!