And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Other Side of Barefoot

I have been feeling very crafty lately. Mainly because I have been lurking over here and these people are seriously, wickedly talented. It has sparked my creative juices in a way that they haven't been in ages. I feel the need to create.

But I have kids, so I just run around acting like a frustrated arteest all day. I have been working on my cross-stitch, but that isn't as satisfying as really making something from beginning to end. I want to let the creative juices flow.

I have ideas for my sewing machine, for my crochet hooks, for my glue gun, etc. I could probably barricade myself in the bedroom and craft for a week solid right now, with all the ideas I have percolating.

So, I am just jotting down ideas and making amateurish sketches so that I don't forget my ideas. Hopefully I will be able to recapture the magic when I am old and grey and FINALLY have some time to craft.

3 comments:

The Unusual Farmchick said...

Welocme to my side.... that site is amazing. There are some things created there that I think are just the ugliest ever and sit here shaking my head over it.
I get rather cranky when my crafty MOJO gets interuppted around here. I would gladly do a get away craftathon- away from children within 500 feet. Because you know the kids would be knocking on that locked door.."Mooooom"!

Kati said...

(belated) Blessed Yule & Merry Christmas to you & the whole fam, BG!!!! Hope you have a fabulous coming week!!!

barefoot gardener said...

farmchickie-
Yeah, I need to kick you in the behind for posting that link. I am totally addicted! I usually find that even the butt-ugly projects give me ideas on how I could "fix" what they did wrong and make it fabulous.

I think there should be a 500 YARD rule when the crafting mojo gets going. At five football fields, you won't even be able to hear the kids screaming as they try to kill each other in the absence of a parental unit. Talk about crafting bliss!


Kati-
A Blessed Yule to you as well, and Merry Christmas. Aren't two-religion families fun?!