And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Last Harvest

How do I know it's the last harvest, you ask? Simple. I tore everything out of the veggie patch and pulled these off the plants as I did so. There will be no surprise comebacks from this garden.




And this, dear friends, is what happens when you forget one lone radish out in the garden all year long. There is no way I am going to try to eat this bad boy, but I thought you might enjoy the freaky nature of it.





Dad and I were discussing next year's garden today. I am having difficulty, because I would like to grow a wider variety of things, but my family doesn't eat it. So I am torn. Do I experiment with some new veggies, and risk wasting the garden space? Or should I just stick with larger quantities of the veggies we do eat? Hmmmm....

Most of the veggies I harvested went into a soup I am making at the request of DH. He really likes my soup! It makes me feel so good that I can make something good and wholesome for my family.

1 comment:

Kati said...

LOL That is one funky looking radish. Glad to hear you're getting to use the last of your fresh veggies in some yummy soup. I've finally got a pot of split-pea-soup on the stove for dinner tonight. YUM!