And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, July 09, 2007

On the Move

Well, moving can sure cut into your spare time.

I have managed to keep the garden from going completely to weeds, though. I have been picking beans and cabbage, and the peas are still kicking. The peppers are starting to fruit, and so are the tomatoes. In a bizarre coincidence, every time I have half an hour to spend out in the garden it is either very wet or VERY hot. Still, I keep on plugging away. Today I took over 4lbs of beans out of the garden, and nearly 1 1/2lb of peas. I have had cabbage twice in the last week, and am breathlessly waiting for my first peppers.

I made an attempt to go berry picking on Saturday....what a joke. Raspberries are ready right now, or were last week. However, by the time I got out to pick, the birds and critters had been to most of them already. Then the deer-flies found me. I react badly to deer-fly bites, so that was the end for me. Well, I just learned that when I have my little bit of green, I will not be able to forage as well as I had hoped. I will probably have to have more of an orchard/garden combo than I had planned on. I am glad I discovered this now, rather than later.

Planned for this week are...
Cleaning the old apartment
Picking up my cousin for a Sprout Sleepover
Taking the Sprouts to the water-park
Finish unpacking
Work Overnights
Sleep.....Sometime
Weed garden
Keep picking in the garden, freezing and canning as I go
Baby care
Various appointments

Hmmm, I wonder if I can do it all. Prioritizing may need to happen. At least if I stay busy I will stay out of trouble, right?

No comments: