And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cheated!

Robbed!

Bamboozled!

I am not happy. Somehow the snap peas I planted (sugar Ann, remember?) are not what they were supposed to be. About 2/3 of the plants are producing what I can identify as snap peas. They are round podded and sweet. Fabulously string free (almost) and tender. The other 1/3 is producing some kind of snow pea, I think. They are flat podded, sweet, but much more tough and fibrous. I wouldn't care, but I don't like most peas, just the sweet snap peas.

Pout.

I bought the seeds at the local garden center, where I have had no problems in the past. I don't know if I am upset enough to stop buying my seed from them or not. I don't know if I should let them know about their mix up or not. I just want my good old Sugar Anns.

Oh, well.

I have been weeding like a fiend the last little bit, and it feels like I will never get done. How do they manage to spring full grown from the ground like that? I swear, I hardly ever see a weed seedling. Oh, no. They spring from the ground overnight and are a foot tall by dawn.

I am liking the carpet in between the rows. No weeds have penetrated thus far, and it makes a handy place to toss the weeds I pull when I forget a weed bucket. I don't have to worry about them surviving being pulled when they are lying there on top of that hideous pink carpet for the sun to cook them.

Tired, they are showing my apt today so I have been cleaning. Worked last night. Tired. By

No comments: