And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

And I am so HAPPY! The temp has dropped 10 deg already. My garden needs this rain so bad! So does everything else. I am hoping this storm will clear the air a little bit, since the heat and humidity have been miserable the last few days. I guess you can't win in MN. It's either way too hot or way too cold.

I have made a decision regarding the garden. As things finish up in the garden, I am going to rip them up and start building my raised beds for next year. This is unusual for me, since I normally try to wring every last moment out of the gardening season, but I would prefer to have everything set up early enough to really have a good setup next year. It is so much easier to care for the few raised beds I have, and I want it ALL to be that easy next year. Besides, if I finish with the veggie patch early, that will give me time to clean up the flower beds and get them prepped for winter as well.

Wow, I might start out actually prepared for next year!

No comments: