And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, July 29, 2007

Teeth, Tomatoes, and Tantrums

Little Sprout now has two. Teeth, that is. Which explains the tantrums as well. I have to admit that she has been doing fairly well, but when she hurts she is not afraid to let you know about it.


As for the tomatoes, I have one little orange one. The rest are still a very depressing green. I also noticed today that the whole garden is looking a little wilty. Is wilty a word? I asked dad to run the sprinkler for a bit, and tomorrow the plan is to spend the day trying to rescue it from the weeds and cabbage worms that are eating my brassicas. I splurged and bought myself a new Bt sprayer today, and I am excited to use it for the first time. Die, you dirty cabbage-eaters!

I am a little irritated with my pepper plants. The bell peppers stubbornly insist on growing their fruits directly into the "crotch" of the plant. If I don't catch them soon enough, they end up getting wedged quite firmly in there. I don't recall ever having this problem before, and none of my gardening books seem to have anything about this in them. How do you convince a plant that it isn't growing the way you want it to?

No comments: