And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, May 19, 2007

Score!!!

Today I went to the local Friends of the Library book sale. I could fill a bag with books withdrawn from the library for $1. So I got two. Bags, that is. I know that withdrawn books are worthless to the collector, but really the story is the same whether you pay $.o5 or $50 for a book. I was hoping for some gardening reference books (one of the wonderful things about gardening is that no matter how "high-tech" it gets, the basics never change), but I had to settle for about 50 fiction gems. Stephen King (my latest passion), Robin Cook, Anne McCaffrey, Irene Radford, and some that looked just interesting enough to make it into the bag. I also scored a new cookbook. I didn't really look too closely at the recipes within, but I am hoping that I will find a few good ones.

Now DH has the sprouts out and about for the day and I am off to sleep. It's my weekend to work, don't you know....

No comments: