And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy

What a busy few days!

Little Sprout got her shots and 6 month checkup. Clear bill of health, but I hate it when they poke the baby! She hates it, too.

Big Sprout had a piano recital. She did well, but I can really tell she hates her lessons. Maybe I will let her quit after this summer.

I hosted a Mary Kay party. I don't wear makeup, much less stuff that costs $100 a pop, but I am now the proud owner of a full line of products. Ah, well. I suppose I can chalk it up to helping a friend.

Both my folks and one of my uncles had their birthdays. I did good with gifts!

I worked awake shifts all weekend. Yuck.


Today I saw that the plum trees are in bloom. I am so excited! The last few years we have had storms that knock all our pre-plums out, so maybe this year we will get a good harvest.

I am about 3/4 done expanding the garden. I am going to have some huge muscles by the time I am done....that is hard work. I also have a lot of grass removal to do in two of my flower beds. Once that stuff gets started, I can't seem to get rid of it! I swear my dad seeded with quack grass (not really, but it sure seems indestructable)!

Off I go to sleep, perchance to dream....

No comments: