And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, December 01, 2006

It's been a while




My two beauties. I can't believe it has been 5 weeks already since the littlest was born! It seems like it has only been a few days, and already my return-to-work date is looming. Okay, really I still have 3 weeks, but if those three go as quickly as the last 5 have, I will be totally unready. Not that staying home and taking care of everything is easy, either, but at least I get some sleep at night now. When I go back to work, that will end. Ah, well. I actually am looking at taking a different job, going back to my old place of employment. Or maybe going part time both places. DH and I are still arguing. I would prefer returning to my previous job, but he dislikes the fact that I would lose the guarantee of full time and my bennies. I don't really know what we will do. I know I will be going back to my present employer at least for a while. But I would really like to go back to the day center too. I suppose I could do both, but I don't know if I could handle the stress of both. Thrown into the mix is the fact that I have been seriously considering going back to school. I liked college, and never intended to drop out. I just decided to take a semester off when I moved in with DH to help the kids adjust, and never got back to it. Now I am thinking I really, REALLY, want to go back. I just need to figure out what I want to go for and how to finance it.

Thanksgiving here was great, and now the craziness of the holiday season has begun. This week starts a round of visitors from out of town, recitals, concerts, family get-togethers, and other such activities. My head is all a-whirl just thinking about it. I hope I can keep track of where I need to be and when!

No comments: