And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, December 30, 2006












I hope everyone enjoyed their winter holiday. I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get gifts for everyone on my list that they seemed to genuinely like. Usually that does NOT happen. Thank heaven for VISA gift cards. I used to think giving money was tacky, but I have realized that often that is what is really WANTED.

I recieved my first seed catalogue of the season today, and my mind is racing. I can feel my heart rate speed up with anticipation of another growing season. " This year ....." I keep promising myself. This is the year that my garden will be totally weed free and fantastically fruitfull. This year I will spend hours every day out in the garden. This is the year that nothing will be wasted because I will actually freeze and can all my produce, rather than forget a bag full of beans or cukes until they smell a little rank. This is the year that I will start every plant from heirloom, organic seed.

Yeah, right

Still. I do hope to have the cold frames built and in use this year. And I have written myself several notes in regards to starting some patty-pan squash seed. Other than that I will just take it as it comes.

No comments: