And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, November 11, 2006

Yum

Food, blessed food! I have had my gallbladder out for 3 1/2 days now, and I have enjoyed pizza, burgers, and chips so far. It is so freeing to look at every food in the pantry and know that I can eat it without getting sick. The first day I ate real food I waited and waited for the pain to begin, and was actually shocked when it didn't. I guess I didn't really believe that the surgery would work. Now all I need is to heal up these holes in my tummy and I will be ready to rock! Boy, the incisions are ugly. I got a little shocky while trying to take the dressings off earlier this week, so DH had to help. He just ripped them off while I laid there with my hands over my eyes. It's not so much that they look all that bad, just that I know they go all the way through. So I try not to look. I am consumed with curiosity, though. I want to know if my belly-button will recover. I know that sounds so ridiculous, but I don't mind that my priorities are a little off.

Baby is doing well, sleeping 3-4 hrs at a shot now. Thank the gods for that. She is also eating like crazy. Even the doc was a little surprised at how much she is eating. Still, she is growing so fast I suppose she needs it.

7yo is doing great, still very loving to baby sis, though the novelty has worn off. I think big sis is tired of mom and dad being so tired. Ah, well, it will get better in time.

That's all for now....

No comments: