And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Surgery

Well, I have had my surgery, so ignore typos and grammatical errors. I am just a little stoned on my pain meds. Thank the gods for those pain meds! Surgery apparently went well, since I am still here and things happened mostly on schedule. I don't really know, though, since I slept through the whole thing. I am having a moment of shallow self pity. my surgery was done laproscopically (sp?), by which I mean they just cut little holes and then stuck what I am assuming was the equivilent of a flashlight, a camera, and some super thin and long tweezers into the holes to do their thing. The problem is that they put one of the holes in my belly-button. Being female, I was trained by society (blah, blah) to hate my body, which I dutifully do while trying to convince myself that the human form is beautiful in all shapes and sizes. The only part of me I have been successful in really loving is---- you guessed it, my belly button. Strange but true. and now I am concerned that they will have ruined it by chopping away at it.

Obviously I am doing well if I can stay awake at night worrying about my belly-button, right?

DH was stuck at the hospital ALL DAY with the baby, waiting for me. I was so proud that he made it through, but he is definitely showing signs of wearing out. He has also done all the feedings so far tonight. He looks beat. I am waiting for baby to wake, in hopes I will be able to handle this feeding. I am a little nervous about picking up baby, but keep thinking that I did it alone for the first year after my 7yo was born. I should be able to handle one feeding with this one, holes in the tummy or not.

Anyway, think good thoughts of healing my way because as soon as I feel better there is a huge plate of fettucini alfredo and shrimp scampi out there somewhere with my name on it, and I am impatient to eat it.

No comments: