And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, September 17, 2006

Storm

Last night we had a big one. I was at work, and so had to spent 1 1/2 hours crammed in a small hallway with 4 adult clients and 2 staff. I would have much preferred being outside in the storm, being rained and hailed on.

I am re-entering a purge cycle. With all the changes in my life recently, it only seems natural that I would be getting rid of all the things tied to my old life that have no bearing on the new. The local thrift store employees now know me by name. DH loves all the space I have managed to free in our home, but I can tell he is getting nervous that I will soon expect him to follow my example. Only once have I ever forced him to purge, and that was an extreme case. We had moved and paid to store enough stuff to fill a 3 car garage+shop three times, none of the stuff had been touched in over 5 yrs, and we were in financial crisis. I can't even take a guess at how much stuff we dumped that time. I think that has earned a "get out of jail free" card for the next couple of years yet. On the other hand, the kitchen (his exclusive domain) is pretty crowded with gadgets we don't use......

I have been looking at seed catalogs again, fantasizing about next year's garden. The veggie patch has been officially retired for the year, since Evil Neighbor Type people have stolen the squash that was the only thing we were keeping the garden open for. DD has finally OD'd on tomatoes, and though I will make one more picking tomorrow for some to dehydrate, the rest are going in the compost bin. Tomorrow I have set aside time to "put the garden to bed" for the winter as much as I can. Dad plans on renting a tiller to expand it this fall yet so we can get a jump start on next year, but I don't know when he plans to accomplish that. So I will do what I can with my hand tools. I much prefer them to a noisy tiller, and find that my back and arms hurt no more or less after a session with a spade than they do after fighting a heavy piece of machinery.

On the prego issue, I have been feeling better (more energetic), but have found that being on my feet is pure torture. If I am up longer that 20 min or so, everything from the belly-button down hurts like crazy. Ah, well, so it takes me a little longer to accomplish things. I am learning to curb my impatience to have everything done RIGHT NOW. It may take me a few more centuries to perfect this way of life, but at least I am much more relaxed about it.

We bought a rocking chair yesterday for when the baby comes. We got it at a garage sale, and I am well pleased with it. It is fully upholstered, and very comfortable. Now I am ready for this baby to come any time.....

No comments: