And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, September 14, 2006

Excitement

I am now on the downward slope to delivery. I am so happy! Doc says that we will probably induce a little early so I can have my surgery and be back on my feet before Thanksgiving. Thank goodness. The idea of not being able to eat all the wonderful food DH prepares every year was killing me. I am measuring very small for 32 weeks, but the baby seems healthy. I even gained 2 pounds! After losing 25 lbs between my first pre-natal and now, I am so glad that I have gained a little. I was wondering if I would give birth to Thumbelina! I still feel like crud every day, but knowing that I only have 6 weeks to go before the probable induction helps so much. I must be doing that "nesting" thing...I caught myself scrubbing all sorts of things yesterday. I normally am not much of a cleaner. If I can see the floor, that's good enough for me. Now I am finding myself scrubbing carpet, tile, counters, tubs, toilets, etc. I actually fell asleep thinking about all the things I could clean today.....and I had a smile on my face! DH loves it, but he asked if he was in the right apt when he came home last night to me on my hands and knees with scrub brush in hand. I told him to hush, or I would give him one of his own.

Life is getting busy again. DD loves school, and is really excited about her new teacher. I am a little curious why she has had no homework yet, since last year she had homework almost every day. I will wait another week and then call the teacher and find out what gives. DD has begun her church group again, one night a week, and is full of plans about how much she will accomplish this year. I am just glad it is keeping her busy! Swim lessons start this Saturday, and my brother's ex-girlfriend is going to give DD extra lessons as well. So that takes care of 3 days a week, and the rest of the time I hope she will be tired enough to enjoy being home and relaxing a little bit.

No comments: