And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lost and Found

The past 24 hours have very possibly been the most surreal in my life. My husband's biological father contacted him after 41 years! It seems that my FIL has been looking for DH for over 30 yrs, thinking they shared a last name. However, my MIL had been married 2x since then, and DH had gone back to her maiden name. We got the call yesterday, and today FIL drove up with his sister to meet DH. DH has been on an emotional roller coaster that I can only begin to imagine. My MIL saw my FIL for the first time in 40 yrs today, as well, and it was emotional for both of them. It was obvious they both remember each other fondly. I really liked FIL. I was afraid that he would be a jerk or con man, but it seems everything is on the level. DH looks just like his dad, and I was shocked at how many of their mannerisms were the same. I am so pleased for DH. I know not knowing anything about his dad has bothered him all these years. I am so glad that this happened. E-mail addresses and phone numbers were exchanged, so hopefully communication will stay open.

No comments: