And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, June 25, 2006

yippee!!

I have zukes! They are baby's, but yellow and green are both growing fast. I also have one more banana pepper almost ready to pick. Everything is looking good in the garden and I am so excited! I am off garden detail for a while, owing to the mess on Friday, and now my back went out. All I want to know is, when did I get old? I vividly remember my mom and dad telling me over and over to be careful, because as you age your body reminds you of all the things you did to it in your youth. This is one of the times I wish they hadn't been right.

Back to the gardens. I spent about 4 hrs weeding in the flower beds the other day, and they look wonderful. DD has her own flower bed that is just overflowing with blooms. The front beds need more weeding, but with all the road work going on, I just can't relax and do it. There is always some heavy machinery right behind me making too much of a racket. I have noticed that my garden time is meditation time. I don't want the kids making noise or any distractions. I just want to get in the "zone" and enjoy the work. Hopefully the doc will give me the all clear to get back to it soon.

No comments: