And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, July 01, 2012

It's Hot...

...and that's about it.

Really.

Life has been going on, without much to talk about. There is a line in "Legends of the Fall" where One Stab says something about how it's harder to talk about the happy times. Ahhh, here is the quote: It is hard to tell of happiness. Time goes by and we feel safe too soon." I guess this is what he was talking about.
Things are going well, though the gardens are neglected. It's so easy to forget that I still have flower gardens when I haven't planted my veggies this year. It was just one of those years. I only had so much time, and it ran out before the garden was in. I can still do some short season veggies, but with the oppressive heat (the weatherman says "tropical", I say "suicide if you're out in it) and humidity are sapping every ounce of interest in weeding and planting right out of me.
The Sprouts are struggling with the sameness of summer days. Somehow, having endless time to do whatever they want has resulted in them not wanting to do much of anything. So they fight. Hmmm, not the best use of their time, in my opinion.

All in all things are just.... steady.

I know chaos is just around the corner. Soon VBS will start, then Big Sprout is heading off to South Dakota. When she gets back from that, she will be heading to camp, and after she gets home from camp we are all heading up north to a cabin for a week. By that time, the back to school craziness will have started, and this is Little Sprout's year to start kindergarten.

Yeah, kindergarten. She is so excited. To tell the truth, I am too. The thought of having her at school running off her energy and asking all her questions is like a little slice of heaven. I am imagining naps that last longer than 20 minutes, and being able to clean the house without having to work around her.

Just wait. The first weeks of school I will be paralyzed with loneliness. ;-) I won't know what to do without her constant chatter and mess making, I'm betting money on it.

So anyway, that's the update on what's going on here at Barefoot Cottage. Sorry there isn't more.

~...and that's all I have to say about that....~

No comments: