Oh, my friends, what a day I have had!
Today I attempted a down-and-dirty, low cost, quick fix makeover for our front entry. It bears little resemblance to the beautiful entryways I have been pinning on Pinterest, but it's a definite improvement over what we had.
The fun came in when I was trying to put up the shelves. Hollow wall anchors that didn't work, studs where no stud was before, studs that disappeared and reappeared at different heights in the wall.... It took me hours longer than I thought it would (and hours longer than it really should have) because every single screw required exploratory surgery before I could actually get it into the wall. Oh, did I mention my stud finder indicated there were NO studs what-so-ever in this particular room? Ugh!
I know it sounds like I'm cranky about this, but I'm really not. I grew up in an old house, and knew what to expect when I decided to start mucking around with things. I have been laughing (when I wasn't cussing) all day long. I wore out the battery for the drill twice, and ended up with all sorts of holes in the walls that I didn't plan on having. I'm almost done, though, and I'm kinda proud of how it turned out. Being me, I of course have plans to do it better when I have more time and $$ floating around, but for now I'm happy. The room is brighter, and it will be easier to keep our stuff tidy. I was amazed at how much stuff I could fit in that little space once I was done, and it doesn't look nearly as cluttered as before.
Monday or Tuesday I will be sure to post pics and all that fun stuff, so stay tuned!
~...And that's all I have to say about that...~