And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Unexpected Delay

My Sprouts are hard on Barefoot Cottage.

Let me rephrase that: Little Sprout is hard on Barefoot Cottage.

Little Sprout has colored on walls, painted nail polish on the walls/carpet/her eyelids (ohmygosh!), and put various dings and dents in just about every wall. My plan for this week involved painting our basement family/guest room, so yesterday I patched a rather large dent that had somehow appeared over the guest bed. I knew the joint compound would take 24 hours to dry, so I was hoping to sand and prime today (and maybe even squeeze in a coat of paint or two, depending on time).

Imagine my surprise when I found several small divots in the patch I had so painstakingly done the day before. Divots exactly the size and shape of Little Sprout's finger. *sigh*

When asked about it, Little Sprout informed me she was "just checking to see if it was dry yet".

Thanks, kid.

No comments: