And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's Not All Sawdust And Power Tools

I know I've been full of talk about my building and home fix up projects, but that isn't all I have been doing with my time. I have also been crocheting up a storm! Crocheting is my favorite activity while I'm at work. I can have the radio on or TV going, and still have my hands busy. It's also something I can put away quickly if my clients wake up and need something.

I recently finished this one for Big Sprout. She is all about the blues, purples and greens in the world. This is actually big enough to go on her twin size bed.




And then I made this one for Little Sprout. I let her pick the colors, can you tell? She is very happy with it. I'm not really a fan of the colors, but I figure it will "go" with any color scheme she wants in her room.



I've been using these afghan projects as stash-busters. I have SO MUCH YARN!! I can't seem to stop myself from picking up a skein here and a skein there. Even after giving away a big portion of my yarn stash, I still had 2 1/2 large bins full of yarn. It was taking up a huge amount of space in my craft room. I never seem to have enough of one color/type of yarn to finish a project, so I decided that I would use it all up with projects like these, and then start all over. 

Only, when I start over, I will buy only yarn for specific projects, and then FINISH those projects. Yeah. I can do that. Un-huh. 

No comments: