And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, February 02, 2012

Purging

We here at Barefoot Manor are "keepers". We like to hang on to things just in case they come in handy... someday.

On the one hand, there have been plenty of times when things really DO come in handy after over a year of sitting on a shelf or in a box. On the other hand... well, the things that sit and sit and sit FAR outweigh the things that actually do get used.

So I'm purging. It's a painful process, letting go of things that have so much potential. I am realizing, though, that my dreams are so much bigger than my abilities right now. Between working two jobs and trying to keep up with the Sprouts, I just don't have the time to put into DIY and craft projects the way I would like. Getting rid of all the extra stuff makes cleaning faster, and easier. Getting rid of all the stuff makes room in my life for the things I really want to do.

It's a good thing....

6 comments:

webb said...

It is a good thing, and at some point you will feel lighter for having done it. But, it's difficult while you are in the midst of it.

Spring will bring you both warmer days and a spacier home! good luck.

Unknown said...

Oh I soooo have to clean out my garage! It is winter even though the weather doesn't show it so it can all wait till spring. I can still get my car in there for now LOL!

Finding Pam said...

Organizng my clutter always makes me feel better.

I hope you get a sense of joy from sorting your stuff.

Frugal Down Under said...

I've been purging by having a new rule in the past few months. Anything in of stuff means I have to find the same size or bigger of stuff to go out that same day/week.

I also have a bag where we are to each put something in every second day or so to get rid of. It's small steps but it's working wonders. Doesn't take much effort, 5 minute job and is working for us. Our home is getting less cluttered.

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

Do books count as 'stuff' barefoot?

jenny said...

Keep it up honey!! Think of the end result! :o)