And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Beautiful Moment

Big Sprout has been talking more about her life. It's a wonderful thing. She is not a child that naturally talks about what happens during her day, so I am very much enjoying that she wants to share with me.

The other day, she was sharing with me that her friends at school like to get together and complain about their lives. Because, you know, the lives of 12 year olds are so incredibly hard. She laughed, and said:

"I feel bad, cuz I have nothing to contribute. My life is pretty great, ya know."

*sniff, sniff* I always worry that I am not able to give my Sprouts... enough. Enough attention, enough things, enough experiences, enough love. To hear my big baby girl say that she really likes her life was the most wonderful thing! I'm gonna hang on to that memory, and take it out when I'm beating myself up for not being SuperMom.

Love you, Big Sprout

2 comments:

webb said...

Consider yourself patted on the bank - twice. Once by Big Sprout and once by me!

Gorges Smythe said...

Congratulations! You've just been given one of life's greatest compliments!