And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After

Black Friday. The big shopping day. The day when we begin the Christmas season, and all the chaos that goes with it.

I slept in.

Yesterday was a big day. Family here, taking Big Sprout to her other family, getting the Christmas decorations up after all our guests left, out to a movie... yeah, I was busy.

I did look at the Early Bird shoppers parked at the Walmart parking lot as we drove by last night. I couldn't believe that many people were crammed into the store. Mr. Barefoot asked if I wanted to stop. I told him no.

My brain isn't working. That's okay, because the decorations are up, the twinkle lights are on, and it takes almost no brain power to heat up T-day leftovers. This girl is not cooking again till Monday.

1 comment:

Heather Jefferies said...

Big smile coming your way...