And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Spring Saves The Day

For weeks, I have been watching out my window, knowing that Spring is fickle here in the Frozen North, praying that this time the snow would disappear for real.

Today, the snow is mostly gone. The front yard is still mostly covered, but the back yard (sheltered by trees) is mostly clear. I went outside, knowing that it would still be chilly but needing to feel the sun on my skin. Barefoot as I was, I didn't dare go far. Still, from my vantage point on the deck I could see the glorious spikes of my daffys and tulips coming up out of the ground! They must have several inches growth already for me to see them from that far away, and I am SO DANG EXCITED!!!!

Actually, I am probably this excited every year, but every year it seems like the first time I have seen life return to the world after being shrouded in ice for months....

And that is probably why I could never live anywhere warmer. I would miss, terribly, the absolute joy of the first signs of spring. There is nothing like having your spirit crushed to oblivion every winter by lack of sunlight, cold, and bleak white views only to have it revitalized so completely by the first blush of green in the spring. I don't believe you can feel those incredible highs unless you have experienced the deepest lows.

*happy dance, happy dance* Oh, how I love spring!

~and that's all I have to say about that...~

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Girl, I appreciate the coming of Spring too even way down in TN! I totally identify with your excitement about the bulbs peeking out. Now is the time of year that I am frantically trying to get all of the hard-core work done before the humidity settles in for the summer!