And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring is a Tease

Spring was here... for two days. Then she went away, and we have been having cold, blustery weather since. I'm not fussing too much, because this is just how spring comes to MN. It's kinda fun to wonder every day if you are going to get warmth or have snow and freezing rain spit in your face. Now that the snow is gone, I can relax in the confidence that warmer days will come.... eventually.

I am looking out my window and noticing that, though tulips and daffodils are the only flowers in my yard brave enough to be poking their little noses out of the soil, weeds don't have the same fear of cold. I am tempted to go out there and rip some of them out, but I know from hard experience that my hands will freeze quickly in the chilly soil. Yeah, I'm a wimp like that. I don't mind. There will be plenty of time later for digging around in the dirt.

~and that's all I have to say about that...~

No comments: