And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Really? Over a Month?

I look at the calendar, then look again. It is so hard to believe that I have left this blog unattended for more than a month!

In truth, though, there has been so little to say. Anything I would have written here would have been a waste of my time to write, and your time to read. Really.

Even now, there is so little to say. Mr. Barefoot has had a birthday since I last checked in. He also had weight loss surgery. He is recovering well, and really enjoying the way the pounds keep dropping off. The liquid diet he is not enjoying so much.

We are preparing for the holidays here at Barefoot Manor, and for the first time in years I only put up one tree. Mr. P commented on it today when he came to visit. "only one tree? aren't there a couple missing?" he said.

If he was shocked at that, he was positively flabbergasted when I told him that I allowed Little Sprout to do the tree decorating.

I promise (cross my heart) to come up with something funny or interesting or moving to write about.... just not today.

Peace.

2 comments:

Finding Pam said...

I know what you mean about writing a post. It is good to see that you have a post. I caught up with all that has been going on with you and your family.

I hope Mr. Barefoot continues to do well with his diet. I am just too afraid to comment to something like that only to fail again. I admire those who can achieve their goals and wish him the best.


Little sprout decorated the tree? I bet it is beautiful.

I look forward to your next post.

Have a Merry Christmas.

webb said...

Sometimes you just need a break from the blog, and this time of year life tends to intrude. Come back refreshed when you are ready! We miss you and all the little Barefoots.