And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, June 14, 2010

Yosemite, Take 2

I took the Sprouts back to Yosemite while Mr. Barefoot spent time fishing with his Dad. While they were immersing themselves in some serious male-bonding type activities, the girls and I did our own bonding.

Of course, mostly I just wanted to bond some raw steaks to the Sprouts and kick them out of the car at one of the "Warning: Mountain Lion Sightings In Area" signs!

Just kidding. They were pesty, but not quite that bad.

We saw the Giant Sequoias.




Yeah, they really are that big. Can you believe it???




Lake Tenaya. Beautiful. See how clear the water is? Amazing!



We saw bear! Mr. Barefoot is so jealous. They were amazing.

It was a pretty amazing day. Little Sprout gave me trouble at every turn (not wanting to walk, needing to pee the minute we left someplace with restrooms, etc), but I was the big gal in charge, so I got to go where I wanted!

We tooled around the park, rode the shuttle bus in the Valley, and wandered a bit on the short trails.

It was a full day, and I am ready for bed. In two days, we head back to our beloved MN. It will be so nice to be somewhere flat and familiar again!

4 comments:

gama said...

wow...

amazing....

it's great...

Anonymous said...

Those trees aren't big...you are just raising children that are actually two inches tall.

Just sayin'

Bro

Finding Pam said...

I had to laugh about your putting steaks on the girls and tossing them out.

The trees are awesome and the bears look scarey, but I love the water.

barefoot gardener said...

gama - I said "amazing" too many times in that post, didn't I? I can't help it! It's the best word to describe Yosemite....

Bro - Smart-aleck!

Pam - glad I could make you giggle!