And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Loudly Losing My Mind

The garden still isn't in here at Barefoot Manor. I spent the entire day yesterday running away from Little Sprout, and since I couldn't take the garden beds with me as I ran.... *sigh*

Little Sprout, I do believe I have mentioned about a million times, is a much more demanding child than Big Sprout ever was. She needs constant supervision, constant stimulation, constant everything.

I thought I had finally found the key to better behavior from her when things warmed up enough that I could start taking her to the park. It worked for about 2 weeks. I would take her to the park twice a week, let her run off her energy and play with other kids, then take her home and race to get the yardwork and housework done.

The honeymoon is over. Now it is a daily struggle, her yelling that she wants to go to the park and me repeating my "no"s so many times that I start sounding like that old song "Nobody But Me" by the Human Beinz. Take a listen, the beginning and end where the guy keeps going "no-no-no-no-no" is so what I sound like these days. Don't worry, I'll wait while you listen.

Nobody But Me



It's a good tune, isn't it? Ahhh, that brought back memories of singing into the empty toilet paper tube and dancing all over the living room....

Oh, wait....what was I talking about? Little Sprout being a pain, that's it. Sorry, that little stroll down memory lane just totally derailed me.

Well, never mind I guess. It is too hard to be grumpy when I am listening to such groovy tunes....

No comments: