And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, March 18, 2010

Needing that Vacation......NOW!


I tell you what, folks. Things are just rolling along at the speed of freakin' LIGHT here at the Barefoot Manor. It seems that I am running from one thing that needs to be done RIGHT NOW to another, with hardly a chance to take a breath in between.

Who'da thunk that working my schedule so that I had two weekend days a month off work would result in MORE stuff to do, rather than less?? When I had no days off, I had a ready made excuse to duck out of everything. Now? I just have to fit it all in...... somehow.

The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and I need (yes, folks, NEED) to get my pretty little paws out in that freezing cold dirt. I have seeds started (don't know if they are gonna do anything) on Little Sprout's old changing table. Yeah, it's a little ghetto. So what? It's now a seed starting table, and it breaks down easily. Give me a break here.

We have conferences tonight for Big Sprout, and I fully expect a glowing report. She is the smartest and most well-behaved Sprout in all creation, after all....

I just keep looking at all this sunshine, and then my messy house, and thinking that there HAS to be a better way! Of course, if I spent just a fraction of the time wasted on this blasted machine, then I could probably accomplish everything I want to and more.

Shhhhh.... don't tell Mr. Barefoot, k???

1 comment:

Finding Pam said...

I just caught up reading your blog! I hope that rage has left you now.

Your trip/vacation sounds wonderful. I enjoyed all of the photos. I want to see Yellow Stone too. I have seen some of the beautiful places in Ca.

Take good care of yourself.