And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beans, Beans

The weather has been conspiring against my bean picking efforts, and today I FINALLY managed to get over to the folks' place for some much overdue garden time.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I took home 4 plastic grocery bags full of beans (2 each of yellow and green snap beans), as well as a bag of mixed zukes, cukes and peppers.

Good Gracious, I am gonna be dealing with beans for HOURS tomorrow!

That's okay, though, cuz I love me some beans. Nothing makes me happier than a big bowl of cooked and buttered beans. Even Little Sprout loves them. She has a hard time snapping the ends off, but she gives it the old college try. Then ~ snarf ~ they are all gone.

Well, Mr. Barefoot is on my case to go take a shower.....I guess all that sweating I was doing has made me a little rank...

No comments: