And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hot Air

Who wants to talk about the weather, really? But I gotta, folks! It is so STINKING WINDY here in my little MN town. Already one of the neighbor's trees has dropped a massively huge branch right on top of my front flower bed (thank goodness not on top of anything I actually want growing there) and my ears are filled with the rushing sounds of wind in the pines.

I don't think I would mind the wind so much if it were a cool breeze, but this is all hot air. Really, the temps are sitting at around 85 degrees right now, and the wind is doing nothing to cool things down. In fact, the wind is picking up dirt from the freshly plowed fields, creating a nasty dust-storm effect.

I sure hope I don't blow away like in Wizard of Oz...

No comments: