And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Just Leave Me Alone

I am a slow "waker-upper". REALLY slow. It usually takes me an hour or more to really feel like I am awake after crawling out of bed in the morning (or evening, depending on if it is a work day).

Little Sprout is a very quick "waker-upper". Within moments of her waking up, she wants me to be doing all sorts of things with her. We are supposed to look at her books, get her breakfast, set up her Elmo video, play the "I point/you say the name" game, etc etc etc...

It is making me insane. I want a few minutes to have a smoke, drink some soda, take a bathroom break. I just wanna be left alone for a little bit to get my head together.

Big Sprout learned young that when Mommy first wakes up the best thing to do is sit with your breakfast and BE QUIET. Little Sprout doesn't seem to be learning as quickly. I very much look forward to the day that she understands that the best way to handle mornings is to leave me alone until I start talking on my own. Oh, that will be heaven!

No comments: