And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, October 30, 2008

Well, This Just Stinks

Today is Mr. Barefoot's birthday. Yes, folks, this little world has been blessed with his presence for forty-mumble years.

Unfortunately, my giving him gifts has not been going well this year.

First I had ordered him some "Butt Rub". Yeah, it sounds kinda kinky but it's not. I promise. I anxiously awaited my order to arrive via UPS. Then I got a call stating that the order was undeliverable to the address I had given them. What?! Alright, so I checked my little order confirmation and realised that somehow I had given them the wrong address. Luckily, there IS no house with the address I gave them or someone else would have been enjoying our Butt Rub.

That would be bad.

So I got the address thing settled and they FedEx-d me my order. I didn't even open the box. I just set it aside thinking that Mr. Barefoot wouldn't notice it until I had a chance to wrap it. Yeah, right. Mr. Barefoot noticed it and ,rather than be all mysterious, I just gave it to him to open as it was.

The durn jar broke! Ooooh, I was disappointed. Here Hubby was opening what was to be the first part of the enormously thoughtful gift I was getting him for his birthday, and all he got was a box full of loose spices. Crud.

Then I went out and bought him "Guitar Hero: World Tour" which just came out. I was so excited to give it to him that I couldn't wait the extra day before handing over the gift. I even went so far as to get him the game with the wireless controller! He was all excited right up until the moment that we tried to start the game.

The disc wouldn't work.

Disappointed, I headed out (at midnight, no less) to return the game and get one that worked. The new one didn't work, so I went back today to try one more time. I got the game home, and once again the idiot thing wouldn't work.

Well, what are the odds that three video games are going to be defective? So we called the little phone number they provide for help only to discover that "they are having trouble with the game not being compatible with the older game consoles".

Jerks.

Because the game has been opened, I can't get my money back. I can return it as many times as I want, but I will only be able to get the exact same game to replace it. Yeah, the game that doesn't work on older game consoles.

So basically I have two choices: either I can just give up and kiss the money I spent on this game goodbye or I can go and buy a new console.

Needless to say, neither of these sounds like a decent option to me.

Jerks.

So far, the only thing I tried to give Mr. Barefoot for his birthday that actually worked out was the card! Well, and I made him shrimp alfredo for supper and got a cheesecake for dessert.

Still, it didn't work out right at all.

All I gotta say is that X-mas had better go a little smoother, or I am giving up on this gift thing altogether.

2 comments:

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

Barefoot, he's married to you... could he want for anything more?

Lisa said...

Hey, would think if they are admitting that the game won't play on older systems, you could find something to print out for their website and take it to the store for a refund. Or maybe the manufacturer could give you the money back?? Or a new game console?? A car? A cottage on the beach?!?