And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall

Well, fall is definitely here in my area. We had our first frost the other morning, and I got to see what all the neighbors have for bedsheets, since they were all out in the yard covering their tender plants. It was kinda funny, actually, to see what folks were using to cover their 'maters. I, personally, haven't covered a durned thing. I am so sick of dealing with tomatoes that I am just ready to throw them all in the compost, and all I have left in the garden to harvest are my brussel sprouts, which are better after a frost or two anyway. I am excited, since this is the first year I have actually had sprouts to harvest. I have tried unsuccessfully in years past to grow them, and am very much looking forward to eating some fresh from the garden this year.

One of the best things about fall is seeing the sumac in all it's flaming glory. I love the way the trunks and branches are all bare coming up from the ground, and the deep red foliage looks like a mop of hair all across the top. I always want to crawl under that roof of leaves and watch the world go by.

My brain seems to have turned itself off just lately. It is an odd sensation, to not really think about anything. Usually my brain is on overdrive 24/7, which is part of the reason I am medicated. So often I have more I want to say than I could ever possibly share. Now it just seems that there is nothing to say, nothing to think, nothing to get worked up about. I am just drifting through life, getting through each day.

I wonder if this is the way normal folks feel? I always wondered what it was like to not worry and over~analyze everything. If this is it, though, I think I would prefer being crazy. This is dull, but I don't seem to have the energy to fix it.

I did see gas at $2.99 the other day. It was a total shock to see gas priced at below $3/gal. I don't even remember the first time I saw that. Of course, I had a full tank of gas so I couldn't even stop and take advantage of it.

Anyway....that is about all I have for today

No comments: