And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, October 09, 2008

Beef and Stuff

We got our beef this morning. It was exciting, looking at that big pile of meat. At the Barefoot Manor, beef has been mostly off the menu for a long time due to the price. Of course the first thing I did was take out one of the nice big chuck roasts and bring it home for supper tonight! We only ordered a "half of a half" this time around, and Dad and I were discussing that next time we will definitely be ordering either a half cow or just the whole thing. Lots of meat, but we like to eat dead animals so that is a good thing. I gotta start sticking my pennies in a piggy bank. Buying lots of meat at a time is cheaper in the long run, but sure does take a lot of cash all at once.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Things have been not so great at work. We have a new client, and our staffing is WAY down. This means we are all pulling extra shifts. I like the extra cash~ola, but I am burning out pretty thoroughly at my job. I am hoping for a nice long vacation....someday. Probably about the time that pigs sprout wings and fly, but there is always hope.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have been on a crocheting kick just lately. I finished one baby blanket (I know a couple of moms~to~be) and have been busily printing off a lot of free patterns from the web. WOW there are a lot of patterns out there! Some of it for pretty cute stuff, too. Not that I get into doing the little animals and stuff. They always look a little creepy to me. I prefer to do blankets, slippers, and now I am breaking into thread crochet. I have been doing little snowflakes that I plan to stiffen and hang from our x~mas tree this year. They are quick and fun, and will be a great addition to my "handmade" theme decorations. Of course, I have lots of themes for holiday decorations. Mr. Barefoot doesn't care for my theme decorating, but now that we have a house he can have his stuff in one room and I can have mine in the other! I love it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We had Big Sprout's conferences at school yesterday. Her teacher seems to think she is a great kid, but says she gets distracted easily. I have noticed it at home, too. I have been working really hard to get her into routines that will help her get her homework done as well as the chores around the house, but she fights me at every turn. She doesn't even fight, she just "forgets" or gets distracted. Is it illegal to duct tape her to whatever task she is supposed to be doing at the time?



Well, that's about all for now, folks. I keep thinking of things to say when I am drifting off to sleep or in the car and unable to post and then forgetting by the time I get in front of the 'puter. I will try to write some of it down next time.

No comments: