And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All Mixed Up

Recently Mr. Barefoot has taken to letting me sleep through dinner. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness, but it has some less than desirable side effects. The first is that I am missing out on meals with the family. The second is that I wake up at the oddest hours. This morning it was 3:30am. Last time it was 1am.

Of course, there are a lot of good things about being allowed to sleep until I wake on my own. I get to spend time with That Damn Cat, for one. That Damn Cat doesn't really like Little Sprout, as Little Sprout is still in the "pokey-pull-the-tail" stage of pet ownership. Consequently, That Damn Cat hides most of the day when Little Sprout is running around the house. I had forgotten how nice it is to sit with a warm kitty on your lap while you crochet or cross stitch and listen to the radio. It is a wonderful feeling.

Another good thing about being up at these odd hours is that I can sit and do a craft without the Sprouts interrupting me every couple of minutes. It is shocking how much you can accomplish when you aren't forced to put down your work 50,000,000 times.

I feel a little better, too. Even sick, I can tell that I feel better after a full "night's" sleep. It is amazing how long term sleep deprivation can make you feel cruddy. Things you wouldn't think of as sleep related. Headaches, body aches, tummy aches. You kind of ignore them, but when they are gone you are shocked at how good you really can feel!

I can take a shower, too, without having Little Sprout banging on the door and yelling at me. That is nice.

Any~whooo....I had better go take advantage of this quiet time and accomplish a few things!

No comments: