And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, September 07, 2008

Scratching My Head

K, when we moved to Burr Oak Inn (Ha! Mr. Barefoot can't decide what I call our place here!), we were pretty excited to see that there was already a shed in the backyard for storage. I had big plans for putting some windows and a decent door on it and turning it into my own personal potting shed/garden storage area, since Mr. Barefoot has laid claim to the garage as his "man~cave".

Problem.

The idiot shed is located in the only sunny part of the yard.

Crud. I need to get it out of there so that I can start my veggie beds.

My first thought was that we could just tear it down and rebuild it somewhere else. The former owners never got the roof finished on it, so it needs a little work anyway, and I figured that would be the easiest way.

Now we are talking about just moving it, but it isn't on skids or anything, just sitting on the ground.

Anyone out there know how to move a shed? We are talking pretty big here, like 10x15 feet maybe. I don't have the first clue as to how to move this thing.

Hey, I wonder if it was actually supposed to be a fish house or something? That big with no floor? But how did they move it?

Anyway, I digress.....the point of the story is:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

You know anyone nearby with a tractor? Or I suppose maybe you could try hooking it up to a 4x4 vehicle, but I think a tractor would be better. We have one, but it would be a long drive...

barefoot gardener said...

Hmmm...tractor is a great idea. I just don't know if we could get one through the gate and into the yard. I might know someone with a small 'cat, though......

Thanks for the hint!