And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Hate It When Life Isn't Fair

And it's not right now.

Not that it ever is.

I am really tired, I worked hard today on all the produce I pulled from the garden, and Little Sprout has been crying all day. Not kidding...ALL DAY.

So I was not in the best of moods when things went cruddy on me.

First, I got a call from a woman that also works with my client for Job #2. I had asked her to work for me on the 27th so that I could take Big Sprout to see her grandparents. The grandparents (and aunt, uncle and cousins) that she hasn't seen since Christmas. Of course the stupid woman said she wouldn't work for me, even though I have worked for her MANY times over the last year (often resulting in me working for approximately 36 hrs straight between the two jobs). To say I was mad would be an understatement.

Then I realised that there really isn't anyone else to cover for me. Which means I get to most likely disappoint Big Sprout and her family, not to mention myself. After all, it's not like I get a chance to go stay in a hotel in a faraway town very often. In fact the last time was before Little Sprout was born, and she is almost 2.

To top it all off, I had worked really hard on a nice chicken dinner for the family. I am terrible at cooking, so I made sure to test the temps on not just one but two pieces of chicken. They both came up at over 180 degrees, so I was confident that it was done. No such luck. Mr. Barefoot's chicken was bleeding! I was mortified.

Anyway. I am tired, I am depressed, I am upset, I am angry, and I really need a nap. For about a week.

So there.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Sara! I'm so sorry!! That really sucks... all of it!

Jen said...

I can sympathize with the cooking. I am a terrible cook as well, and usually end up with dry food since I over-cook to make sure it's done.