And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm Alive!

I know, I know, I am way behind on all your lives....I will get caught up, I promise. Tomorrow I hand over the keys to the old apt and leave it behind for~evah. Thank goodness.

Today we had our first real "get~together" at Barefoot Manor. Bro's birthday was last weekend, but he was doing his volunteer work at camp so we decided to do the party today. It was just my folks, my grandmothers, and Bro. Still, we grilled and ate fresh picked beans and 'maters. It was cool. I got to show off my new digs to the Grandmothers (one has been here before, but her memory is such that she didn't know it). It was so wonderful to have folks over and sit and talk. With my work schedule the last few years, I have gotten farther and farther out of the loop with my family.

I hate that.

It's not even that my family gets along that well, anyway. I just miss feeling like part of the family. That has always been stressed as very important, and it bothers me that I am not able at this time to keep in touch the way I would like to.

Anyway, back to the good stuff. With Bro here, the guys were able to get our box spring up the stairs and into the master bedroom. Yay! Mr. Barefoot and I had been sleeping on a mattress on the floor, because we have such a narrow and steep staircase that we couldn't figure out how to get the box spring up the stairs. So imagine the fun it was for the two of us to try to haul our fat bodies up off the floor every morning when Little Sprout decided it was time to wake up. Funny! We were climbing up the dresser in order to get on our feet. Man, we gotta diet for sure.

I am hoping that life will return to normal a bit now that we are totally done with the apt. I have great hopes for getting lots of stuff done before snow flies.

I gotta head out to work, talk at ya all soon!

No comments: